6-24-07











Today, after attending a workshop in the morning, Dan and I hiked to the top of the rim of Diamondhead Crater. This is an extinct volcano with a large caldera- you drive up into the caldera through a tunnel, then hike nearly a thousand feet more to the top of the rim, giving astounding views of the beach below. Tomorrow I'll try and get a photo of what Diamondhead looks like from Waikiki Beach. It's very large and looming. These photos show what the inside of the crater looks like, a view of Waikiki (where we are staying), a beautiful cardinal I saw after the descent, and a lighthouse I photographed with my telescopic zoom lens. Unfortunately, I did not eat a proper lunch (pineapple slices) and ended up with a migraine that lasted through the night.

2 comments:

mooniebutt said...

I'm in LOVE with that cardinal (and the first picture is great!) Take care of yourself and have fun the rest of the trip.

Chrissy said...

I just found out that the lighthouse is on a stamp! It's on a series of four lighthouses of the Pacific. It's the Diamondhead Lighthouse.