10-19-08

My best friend growing up was Lizanne, my neighbor on Hampstead Avenue. While her haircut has not changed much, at least I have some now! For 45 years we have stayed close- through thick and thin- although we haven't lived in the same town since 1966. We each married in 1985, each had three children, and named our first-borns after each other even though each one of us forgot the pact we'd made when we were teens to do just that. I remember we were always comparing our height back to back when we were growing up. We got together for the afternoon today to watch her middle child's soccer game. It's wonderful to still have her in my life!
I'm still taller :)

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Oh, our second borns have the same name, just that her son has the masculine version of Aza. Go figure that one out!

Julie said...

Wow!