11-2-08

Happy Birthday Papa. 100 years ago today you were born. I wish you were still around to celebrate it with me. Today I took a walk in your honor and absorbed the beauty of the day. You would have loved this walk. I'd hoped to feel your presence next to me- but not this year. I hope you are at peace and wish I could pick up the phone and call you or drive on over and sit in my old chair and talk with you and really listen to your stories. Really listen. Perhaps tonight I will do just that in my dreams. Thank you for loving me- it made all the difference.





In memory of my grandfather, David Davis born 11-2-1908 in Brooklyn, NY. Died in Richmond, VA 10-28-88, buried on Gwynn's Island in Mathews County, VA. Fisherman, entrepeneur, chef, devoted husband and father and grandfather and great grandfather. Not to mention, funniest person I ever knew and inspiration my whole life through.


1986 Papa and Jes


No comments: