3-5-09


Today my interview at Syracuse began. It was a warmish early spring day and my research talk went very well. Over half the attendees were engineering faculty, always a good sign. This is Hendricks Chapel, which bears a striking resemblance to our Rotunda here at UVA.

I thought the campus was so very pretty. We also had a tour with a real estate agent today and the houses nearby- within walking distance- are cute and inexpensive and architecturally interesting.
This is a view from our hotel room window. We are staying at the Sheraton. You can see the Hall of Languages, the big Dome, and the (what do they call it?) big castle building on the right. It's the music building. In the foreground is a building designed by I.M. Pei. I think I'm spelling that right.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: