5-15-09

This dresser belonged to my great great grandfather. I think. That's what my mom said anyways. We got it out of my great grandmother's house after she died. It's very beat up and we use it in the workshop for storing tools. I want to refinish it and keep it in the family. The marble top is broken into two pieces, so I'd have to fix that. I don't know. Would it look good refinished? It sure is bashed up. The knobs are not original- I'd need to find ones that are better. Any opinions anyone?

Tomorrow is the hooding ceremony. I get to wear my cap and gown and get hooded. Aza is coming home for this. I'm glad about that but not so excited about the ceremony. It's seems like a lot of fuss. I could have had my advisor put my hood on in his office. Why a big ceremony? Oh well, we shall see.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Well, I don't know. I like it just the way it is; though, I do understand the need to replace the marble top. Why replace the knobs?
And, wouldn't too much fixing take away from the antique-ness? However, what do I know?