5-19-09

Back when Jes was a baby and we lived in a little two bedroom apartment, I bought this country cupboard from a yard sale for $175. I really like it and it has a warm feeling to it. But we really don't have room for it in our new house in Kentucky. I had it appraised at $1000. Woah. So I put it on Craigslist but I doubt it will sell for that. It's late 19th century. The dresser I paid $100 for back around that time too, from a used furniture store in Alexandria. I refinished it when we moved here. It's been Squirt's dresser his whole life. You can see on the left corner, he decided it would be a good idea to take a pocket knife and carve the curve a little differently. It too was appraised at $1000 and is solid maple from around the turn of the century. Once again, I doubt I will be able to sell it for that. So I spent today trying to sell antiques. We move in about a month. So much to do in that time.

1 comment:

Julie said...

They both are beautiful.

Several years ago Nick brought home a dresser that someone gave to him. A lot of the paint was gone and I told him that we need to fix it. He told me that was in style and people actually take a metal chain and beat the dresser with it.