7-19-09

Today was the first day we had time to go exploring the countryside. We drove all the way to the southern tip of the county where there is a ferry across the Kentucky River. Reminds me of the Hatten Ferry across the James in southern Albemarle. It could fit three cars at a time. Pretty cool.
Next we went to a nature preserve called Raven's Run Nature Sanctuary where we went on a hike to the cliffs overlooking the river. There were lots of limestone outcroppings and I got to see these cephalopod fossils in one rock.
We went to dinner at a seafood restaurant. I know Mom, you don't get good seafood "inland" but it was pretty good. Only .8 miles from our house, so a nice walk. We had bourbon bread pudding for dessert. Yum! Tomorrow a landscape architect comes to help me with the yard. I drew a scale drawing of our plot with all the gardens and what plants/trees/wildflowers I know of. I hope to get lots of help.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: