7-27-09

Frisbee at the Masterson Station dog park. He liked it better than the
first one we took him to, but overall was not very social with the
canines or sapiens.

What I don't like about getting old(er):
1. I can't read maps and newspapers without glasses. Forget phonebooks
and my own handwriting.
2. My feet hurt when I get up and stand on them in the morning.
3. My knees hurt when I get up from sitting.
4. My kids grew up and moved out on their own and I miss them so much
each and every day.

What I do like about getting old(er):
1. I can start up conversations with strangers and not care whether
they "like" me or not. And I've made some great friends that way!
2. I can go almost a whole month without a headache now instead of a
week. Thank God for waning hormones.
3. I feel connected to my mother and my grandmothers when I do or say
or think or cook or look like them. Ursula, Gwen, and Big Chrissy- I
love you all. I aspire to your strength.
4. Waking up each morning with my best friend. Nooooo, not Frisbee.
The other guy!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Perhaps, Frisbee is introverted.

Have you ever tested yourself?
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I'm an ISTJ

Chrissy said...

I got INFJ.

Julie said...

That's interesting. According to Type Relationships, you and I consider each other an enigma.

Julie said...

My best friend scored as an INFJ.