9-19-09


Today I gave my presentation at the conference and it was well received. Afterwards I listened to a geology talk by a geologist and this is a photo of some trace fossils left behind by zoophychus or something like that.

I got a migraine in the afternoon but after a while was well enough to go into Portsmouth for dinner. We saw a cool cable-stayed bridge (my favorite) and the sunset over the Ohio River.

The coolest thing about this town is the amazing murals painted all along the flood wall. They were simply amazing works of art. I took photos until it got too dark. We had dinner at a brewery.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! I never knew these existed.

Here are some more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable-stayed_bridge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_cable-stayed_bridges

They seem to have a beauty to them.

Chrissy said...

My masters thesis was the structural analysis of a cable stayed bridge over the James River in Virginia. They are rare- and I love them. Glad you are interested!