1-2-10

Jes came back from her West Virginia adventure last night and today we went with some friends to the Red River Gorge in the snow for a hike.
It was cold, beautiful, and the trail was very slick. At one point I was hanging onto a tree, on the sloped path, thinking I wouldn't be able to go any further. But I did.
The ice sickles were spectacular hanging from all the cliffs. I asked Jes to get me one and she did. Now she's a narwhal.
We saw a natural arch at the end our our trail and Dan and Jes went to investigate while I stayed and took more photos. They saw a memorial to a young man who fell off the arch and died. It was sad.

We saw "The Road" last night and it was sad too.

Jes leaves in the morning to go back to the snowy west and I don't know when I'll see her again. I think I've talked her into a photo blog. Will post the link if I'm successful. She's such a fine photographer and has a brand new Nikon D60 waiting for her when she gets back to Colorado. We could have dueling blogs.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: