1-4-10

The day started out all snowy, like a winter wonderland- big flakes falling.
I decided to stay home and work since it was too cold to walk and too snowy to drive.



I started a fire in the woodstove in the main house and Dan started one in the studio for the first time.
Toward evening, I saw what looked like a flame coming out the chimney of the studio wood stove.
So I got out my telephoto lens and zoomed in really close. Dan shut down the stove and the "flame" went away.
Now we need a chimney sweep to check it out.


Worked some more after a dinner of shrimp and grits (stone ground brought back from South Carolina by friends!), then Dan made bread.
2 cups whole wheat and 3 cups unbleached white flour
His first bread-making attempt.
Can't wait for breakfast!
We can use the microwave for a "bread box" like Papa used to do.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan, that bread looks delicious! Your home is beautiful and the pictures are great....I am happy for you that things seem to be working out. It was so nice to see both you and Dan...we miss seeing you here in the neighborhood. I know Austin is hoping to see Dan. I will be enjoying your blog....Linda