2-25-10


Today was one of those traveling days from hell. I left Lexington around 7am this morning and by the time I got to Jess's house in Steamboat Springs, Colorado 20 hours later I probably could have been in New Zealand. Traveling in the wintertime is just so unpredictable. I should have known that a connection in Detroit was a baaaad idea. I'm thankful I made it at last, but am not looking forward to the return trip on Tuesday. Here are the key highlights of the day as I wished I'd flown US Air instead of using my frequent flyer points on Delta:
*waking up to see snow. again. in Kentucky....
*sitting on the runway for an hour waiting to be de-iced in Lexington
*landing in Detroit just as my flight to Denver was taking off without me
*having to scan my boarding pass for an alternate plan and seeing that the alternate plan meant a trip to Atlanta
*flying first class from Detroit to Atlanta and getting served treats from a basket
*having to pay $50 for an earlier flight from Atlanta to Denver
*missing every phone call to and from Dan while he was traveling from Lexington to Denver via Charlotte on a USAir free ticket.
*Landing in Denver then RUNNING through the airport to try and catch the 3pm shuttle to Steamboat and missing it
*Sitting in a corridor near an electric outlet to charge my iPhone in Denver for 3 hours (see photo above)
*crammed on a bus with 10 passengers on what should have been a 3 hour trip to Steamboat, but was a 5.5 hour trip through a snowstorm
*pulling up to my daughter's house and seeing her wave at me through the window and my husband come out to greet me. Priceless.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow, what a trip.

Loved the "Priceless" comment.