3-18-10

We set this up today- moved it from the den where it was doing no good. If you knew me in my life back in Virginia, you will know that this lamp is a familiar welcome for me as I enter my house.

I tell you, setting up this table and lamp in the foyer, keeping the light on 24/7, makes this place so much more like "home" (wherever that is.) A state of mind, I guess. All starting with a lamp in a foyer... and a welcoming chicken.
"Feels like home to me
Feels like home to me
Feels like I'm on the way back
Where I come from.
Feels like home to me
Feels like home to me
Feels like I'm on the way back
Where I belong." ~Randy Newman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your house looks so pretty and all the work you are doing is amazing...makes me feel so lazy that I can't seem to get anything done. I have been walking our puppy and its just not the same with you all being gone....the new couple seems friendly but its just not the same. I'm glad you are happy there and its fun to keep up this way...