4-1-10

Click on the above picture to read the text.



Two years ago I posted on 43Things that one of my life goals was to own an old signed Cajun print by George Rodrigue. I'd been to his gallery in New Orleans and the prices were just way too high. I figured I'd just have to settle for cutting up my 25 year old edition of Talk About Good, a gift from my grandmother. But last month, an amazing thing happened. A teacher/musician in Mexico found my post and offered to sell me a print from 1978 he'd had for two decades. We made a go of the transaction and today in the mail I received a tube with my Rodrigue inside. The seller received his payment through PayPal and all is good. Ironic that the print image I chose to represent what I wanted on 43Things really resembles what I got. A dark haired woman with two old men- one wearing black pants, one wearing white.
My next task is to preserve this treasure and frame it, then hang it in my dining room. I can't wait to tell my Grandmother!

No comments: