4-12-10




I framed some things this weekend- my first watercolor in Kentucky and a print I bought about six years ago in Door County, Wisconsin. What did I frame the sailboats in? A door! Dan and I went to a place called Cowgirl Attic on Friday and I bought a little door with glass then used it as a frame.

The garden is still full of surprises. Dogwoods blooming, more bulbs popping up, it's pure entertainment to go outside each evening with my camera to see what is showing off.

Today I observed a student teacher then came home and slept most of the afternoon. Talked with my sister which was nice, and my Mom later on, which was nice too. My church had a dinner thing at a local pizza restaurant so I went with Dan and Squirt and it was nice to see my new friends there.

I miss my old friends. I made this break from Virginia and the memories of painful events there, but as the painful memories fade I realize how much I miss my old friends. So if you're an old friend from Virginia reading this, I miss you. And if I haven't spoken to you or called you or emailed you much, it's because of a lot of emotional crap I've had to deal with and pass through as I root myself somewhere new. We are coming back for Aza's graduation on May 8th so hopefully I'll see some of you then.

1 comment:

amy gretchen said...

beautiful flowers. I'm still waiting for my garden to pop.

Glad you were still able to have do 12of12 even though you didn't plan for it.