11-30-10

 

The day started off very normally except for the rain. I didn't want to walk to the bus stop in the rain, so I drove to school. Pretty wimpy of me, but I'm glad I drove, considering. Today is Dan's and my 25th wedding anniversary so I was feeling sunny in spite of the dreary rain.

I was formally observed teaching this morning, which turned out to be fine because I taught a really wonderful lesson and the students were highly engaged. Many of them stayed after class to tell the observer nice things about me (I can only assume...)

However, during a faculty meeting a text came through from Aza. She had been in a car wreck. She was fine. The car was not. Stunned and shocked, I managed to get through the rest of the faculty meeting then rushed home to hold my baby girl.
 

This is the airbag that saved her precious head from the windshield, which was shattered.
 

We spent the evening together. Dan picked up some BBQ for dinner and we huddled together in the rainy night, thankful for 25 years of blessings. I was thankful to have our daughter safe and sound at home with us.

No comments: