12-13-10

 

Ok, I know this is not a great picture. But it represents a great day. First, we had a lot of snow last night so my review session was postponed until 11am. Good. Then I worked all afternoon until 2:30 when we walked across the street to the University Senate meeting. Me, Mags, Miss March, CJ, Miss January, and my hall next-door-neighbors J&B. Oh, and the Dean and the department chair and an Associate Dean. We were going to sit in on the senate vote on our new Department of STEM Education. Google that. You won't find much. We are going to be the second real STEM Education department in the USA. The other one is in Massachusetts and the one at ODU that they call one really isn't. It's about fashion merchandising and stuff.

The vote was in favor! The motion carried! Now for a stamp of approval from the Provost (who was at this meeting with the President of the university)and we will be a new department.

Ok, so this picture. We went out to dinner to celebrate at my favorite restaurant in town. Afterwards I just had to capture the moment with my iPhone, which takes sucky photos indoors at night. These lovely ladies are all Dr. So-and-so with Ph.D.s from fancy universities, but to me they're my friends, colleagues, and "sisters of STEM."

No comments: