12-17-10

 

 

Another cold cold day in Kentucky. Dan scraped the car for me and I actually braved the icy roads to go turn in my annual review binder. On the way home while at the grocery I got a call from a colleague in Virginia. The National Science Foundation is very very close to funding our million dollar grant proposal. They wanted very minor changes and explanations about our budget so that they could "move the proposal forward." I hope that means what I think it means. Luckily I was able to get my grants person on the phone and make the changes before the end of the working day. Also got another NSF grant proposal finished today. I've got two proposals going in next month and possibly one being funded any day now. So exciting!

So, the photos. Isn't the one of Aza and Dan and Frisbee adorable? They didn't see it coming. They had just said to me, "When are you going to update your blog? You haven't updated it in 2 weeks! We want to see it!" So, I went and got my camera. Squirt was lying on the floor in front of the wood stove getting warm, but he didn't want a photo of that on the blog. It's so cozy in the living room when the fire is blazing. But there aren't enough nice places to sit.

Oh, the coffee. Squirt must have decided that his energy drinks were too expensive. He got in the car and drove to the store and came home with this gallon of ground coffee. I got his goat by saying, "Why did you buy decaf?" just to watch him freak out a bit. Still working around the clock on this video project. He made six cups and drank them black in one sitting. ok....

3 comments:

youngwriter said...

interesting to read all this stuff.....very different for me as i'm from a different background.......

youngwriter said...

i keep checking your blog whenever i come online! they make an interesting reading!

Chrissy said...

I have 4 years of my life on this blog. So when you get bored of your studies feel free to browse!