12-30-10

We left the coast today for a house near Lake Arenal and a volcano. It was sad to say goodbye to my sister and her family.

This was my first Christmas with my sister. Ever. We grew up in separate countries not even knowing each other existed. I'd heard rumors of her as a child but it wasn't until we were about 29 that we found out about each other. Yes, we were both 29. We are the same age. OK, one of us is a bit older but I'm not telling.


She and her husband have three beautiful, talented, artistic, and insightful daughters. We enjoyed watching the cousins get to know each other better this week. I hope it isn't too many more years before I see her again.


We cleaned up and packed this morning. It is hot and so humid -everything is damp. Yesterday the five of us went snorkeling off Cano Island, a 90 minute boat ride from shore, and I don't have photos of that. Today we will spend all day driving across the interior of Costa Rica. Wonder what it will be like.

No comments: