1-27-11

 

I'm so proud of my husband. He finally ordered himself a trainer for his bike. He set it up in the basement and even rigged up a way to watch videos on his iPad- with my painting stand! Oh well, it's not being used for painting these days. Very clever. And he's riding his bike again in this cold snowy weather- safe in the basement.

Today I taught two classes and they went very well. I'm trying to relax and just be myself in the classroom. Chill. Take it easy. Have fun. A student was texting on her phone all during class and instead of reprimanding her in front of everyone (which I wanted to do), I sent her an email which developed into a personal conversation about a family issue she's dealing with. So, I think I'm becoming a kinder, gentler professor. Crossing my fingers for stellar evaluations this semester. I even taught in jeans today, trying to relax and be comfortable.

Aza came over for dinner and we had the best time. It's so much fun sharing stories about our day now that she's "in my world" at school and we know the same people. I'm so proud of her. She's working for the department, tutoring a girl in Algebra II and is going to start tutoring students in an Algebra I clinic. My math whiz.

No comments: