1-7-11

 

So, why do I keep up this blog? When I started it on 1-1-07 I had no idea it would become a daily thing for over four years. Some people keep up with it, mostly friends, some strangers. I love getting comments and knowing there is an audience out there. From the map, I can see that there are visitors around the world. But mostly it's for me. For my memory. For the days when I need help remembering when and where, for the days I need to reminisce about how far I've come since I was knee-deep in graduate school, teaching 6th graders, trying to write a dissertation.

I spent the day at school. Two hours in a mildly productive meeting, three more hours at my desk doing "je ne sais quois." Then I walked home in the snowing snow. I walked home 2.5 miles in the snow- and it felt good.

No comments: