3-16-11

 
The day started off dark and overcast. I took pictures out my window with my telescopic lens of birds in far-off trees. "Look at da bird in da tree over dere!" as my kids would say. (!)

 
The day got more interesting for Dan, who replaced a busted water pipe with a new one he had to solder into place with a blow torch in the crawl space under our house. How did the water pipe burst? Uh... somebody used the hose outside and forgot to let the water out before it froze. Oops.

 
The day got much prettier and brighter. I went out to lunch with two colleagues to a place called Windy Corners. It was really good and such a nice treat to get away. This is my Cornelian Cherry Dogwood blooming.

 
And here is one of our unusual tulips blooming in the back yard next to the fig tree.

I'm up to page 17 single spaced on my NARST paper. This is one I really hope to publish, but it's a bit out of my area of expertise and I'd love to find someone with a special-ed focus to co-author it with me. I just hope I'm barking up the right tree and forming valid conclusions.

This day on 3-16

2007
2009

No comments: