3-23-11

 

Telephoto lens... peering out the front door.

I had a disturbing dream last night that my mother adopted me and I met my birth mother. She was a dumpy looking middle aged woman with scraggly hair. She looked like a mess. I asked her why she gave me up for adoption and she said it was because she wanted to get tenure and couldn't raise me too. I asked if she ever had any more children after me and she ran into the bathroom crying. She said she never had any more children because her career was more important. It obviously distressed her.

I think I am that woman and the child I have given up is my "life." I want my life back. All I do is work work work...

At least I keep up a daily photo blog. That's something.

This day on 3-23

2007
2009

1 comment:

Dr. Phred said...

Happiness = love and work. If you have both in abundance, you are fortunate. Still ... that dream and your interpretation are unsettling.