4-14-11

Today was almost magical and I'll tell you why. See this dogwood flower? The perfect symbol of spring? Well, today felt like re-birth to me.

Like a fern opening, I felt a breath of life this morning. I didn't want to get out of bed, so to prolong the eventual start to the day I watched some videos on my iPhone. I saw this one: 2000 Voices
I cried. I felt a sense of heaviness in my chest that could have been joy, but was most likely longing. So, I got up and I went downstairs and played my piano. How many years ago was it that I wrote that piece with 12 movements that I performed at church on Good Friday? I think it was 1995. I played one of the sections and it felt so beautiful. I was in my element.

I went to school and taught my favorite lesson of the semester to my students. I looked out over their faces, like these beautiful primroses, and said to them, "I am so happy to be here with you all this morning. There is no place I'd rather be. OK, maybe home in bed. OK, maybe with my three kids, but except for those two places there is no place I'd rather be. I love teaching you." It was a fantastic class. I was in my element.

I took the bus home (I love the bus) and walked into my yard and saw all sorts of flowers in bloom. Aza came over for dinner, which we went to the store to purchase, and I got myself some kombucha, and sat at the kitchen table with Squirt and Aza eating dinner and drinking kombucha. I was in my element.

Plus, I finally got the results back from my MRI today. I am still cancer free after 6 years. Perhaps I'm turning a corner. Or perhaps I just had a very good day. But my Dan is home safely from his trip, Aza cleaned my kitchen, Jes is coming to visit next month, and all feels right with the world.

This day on 4-14

2007
2008
2010

No comments: