4-16-11

Saturday.
I spent the morning in bed with a migraine.
then...
I graded papers.
I talked with my Grandma.
I made an educational video for my students.


I cooked an awesome lasagna and a spinach salad.
I vacuumed the first floor of the house.
Tired, I went to bed early and dreamed of my Nana and Grandaddy.

Here is the dream: I haven't seen them in many years (in fact, it has been ~23 years since they died) and I go to visit. I see my Nana sitting in front of her house from my vantage point near my friend Lizanne's house; I see her face and her white hair, and I start to run to her. I'm SO happy to see her after so many years, I try to run fast, but I cannot run fast enough so I actually fly to her as if I'm swimming through water. We embrace and I feel so happy. So very very happy. We go inside and my Grandaddy is bent over the green chair with chest pains. I rub his back and tell him everything is going to be OK. Dan is with me too. The four of us decide to go to the store. We all drive there, and then when it is time to go back to their house Dan and my Grandaddy drive but my Nana decides to walk with me. It's about a 4 mile walk. She is wearing nice shoes and a dress, and she just walks and walks with me as we talk and talk. I ask her if she is tired or in any pain, and she says her feet hurt a little, but that's all. We get back to the house and my Grandaddy talks about how hard it is for him to get up the stairs to the bathroom to take a shower. We talk about adding on a full bathroom to the first floor of their house where the screened in porch is. I decide to buy them a new comforter for their bed. Then it is time to go, and I'm so so sad to leave. It's very painful to leave them but I have to.

I wake up glad that I had a little time to visit with them once again. I hope I can visit them in my dreams again soon.


This day on 4-16

2007
2009
2010

No comments: