4-2-11

So last night I slept very lightly. Woke up every hour with vivid dreams. At one point my right toe had a bout of gout and it was "speaking to me through a TV monitor." I woke up, put a heating pad on it, and it quieted down.

I felt better today. Walked the dog. Cooked a stew. Made fudge sauce. Did a pile of work that had been plaguing me for my classes and the upcoming conferences and an advisee and a committee at school that I'm in charge of. Super productive while doped up and hacking and feeling faint.

Talked with the physician's assistant and wants me to call him tomorrow if I can't sleep tonight. He thinks the cough syrup was the culprit. I have no idea. I just know I need to be able to sleep especially with my trip coming up.

This day on 4-2

2007
2008
2010

1 comment:

Mags said...

They think it's the cough syrup!? Hmmm. I still contend it is the prednisone. It really does crazy stuff to you...including crazy dreams!! I have had to take that stuff several different times and although it really does help and work, the side effects are almost unbearable. I hope you are starting to feel a little better and your trip to your conference this week happens and goes really well!!

Mags