3-6-12

Today I made a snowchild. The snow was perfect for molding and I really wanted to just play in it, but I had work to do. However, I did decide to harvest some snow from the top of the boxwood bush and mix it into my kombucha, which made a lovely slushy drink. Then I harvested a Tupperware full of it for future drink concoctions. This afternoon it was lovely, warm, and sunny.

I am doing a really interesting research project and I have appointments through the day interviewing former students. I really like talking with them and finding out what they think about my topic. It's really great to re-connect. I think it's important to maintain these connections and my research is helping me do that.

6 comments:

Dr. Phred said...

Chris: You may want to reconsider adding snow to your delicious? health concoction. It may look clean but it is anything but. I consumed mass quantities of snow and icicles as a child,which probably explains my current mental condition :)
No life is ever wasted -- you can always serve as a bad example for others.

Chrissy said...

Oh Dr. Phred, correlation does not imply causation. You know that as well as I. Don't worry, I brushed off the top layer of dust. Oh wait, each snow crystal forms around a speck of dust. Oh wait, dust comes from nasty places like ... Oh dear.

Dr. Phred said...

Dust? Think industrial revolution, acid rain, Fukushima ... Enjoy!

Chrissy said...

Oh dear, I was fixing to make some chocolate ice cream with the snow I saved... How bad can one cup be???

Dr. Phred said...

Think of it as a science experiment: Melt the snow and peruse the dregs.

Chrissy said...

Fantastic idea. And I will publish the results. Geiger counter anyone?