5-8-12

Celebration! I went out for a beer after work today with some colleagues to celebrate the end of our first year as a department, Mags' tenure, and my departure.

Well, we weren't celebrating my departure, but we were talking about it.

Yes, I am leaving my university for another one. One I love. One I have loved for a long long time. I have been offered a job teaching at my alma mater university. I will be teaching in the building I used to run around in as a kid, riding the elevators for fun, looking out off the Eagle's Nest top floor roof at the town below (the highest point in town). Today I gave the dean my letter of resignation, and mailed my signed offer letter south.  I will be starting on July 1st and working through the summer supported by my NSF grant. We don't know when we will be moving. I guess my mom's address will once again be mine, for a while at least, temporarily. Guess what Mom, I'm moving home!


No comments: