7-19-12


Last night I got this message from a Dove chocolate that Dan brought me from the store. Should I believe it? I still wonder. This transition has not been easy for me. Sometimes I just want to click my heels together and go back to my house in Kentucky. But then again, things like today happen and I think Dove may be onto something.

I took this self portrait today after getting my hair done. It doesn't look all that different. Three hours of coloring and cutting and blowdrying didn't change all that much, but I enjoyed the pampering nevertheless.

I walked into the salon at 9am and so did another woman. She said her first name at the counter. A common first name of my generation. But something inside me registered recognition. She approached me. "I feel like I know you", she said. "Did you graduate from Auburn High?" I immediately said her full name. It just came to me. I hadn't laid eyes on her in over 30 years. She was in town visiting and lives overseas. She is publishing her first novel this fall. I must read it.

Everyone knows my mother. It's pretty cool.
People here call Dan "sir" and me "ma'am" and when they refer to my mother she is "Miss Jane." (Her real name is not Jane, but if I told you her real name you would figure out who we ALL are because everyone knows my mother. It's pretty cool.)

 

1 comment:

"Aza" said...

Your hair looks nice! I need mine cut soon too. I sure am gonna miss our hair dresser Tina though.