8-30-12


Today Dan and the Storyteller demolished the opening from the kitchen to the dining room, and they removed the built-ins that separated the dining room from the living room. We are going to have transom windows above each opening, and I think that will look really special. It looked special before too, but it just didn't work with our stuff. I would like to find a way to re-purpose the built-in cabinets but am not sure it's going to work. We may give them away. So this new configuration gives us a wall for the piano, the secretary, both my corner cabinets, and the buffet. it makes a lot possible. With so many windows in the house, there just isn't much wall space.

Today I went to a country high school, very small, Title 1, poor but polite.

This is a small town. Really small. The connections are endless and grow each day. I say to the librarian that I bought a house. Oh where, she says? I tell her and she immediately knows who my mother is. The teacher I visited today rides bikes with my colleague at work. I ran into an old high school friend last night, and he is good friends with my department chair AND goes to church with my mom.

I like it here.

No comments: