8-8-12





Jes went home from the hospital today. We got her home around noon and she got in her own bed and slept for hours. She showered and we took off the bandages and saw her incision for the first time together. It was like unwrapping a present, but with different feelings attached. Her drains are still in, and they are annoying and painful. I hope in a few days she can have them taken out but I think it will be next week after we leave. She will need someone to drive her to the doctor's office. I wish I could stay and help.

Root came over after work and I cooked dinner. Then Dan and I cleaned up and left for our B&B and a walk around Cheeseman Park. Root has the night shift, then we will take over in the morning when he goes to work.

Jes looks beautiful. She wants to hide her scar, but it is her badge of courage and her gold medal. She is beautiful and strong and determined and wise. I am honored to be her mother and honored to be helping her this week.

No comments: