9-17-12

Today was my grandma's 91st birthday. I decided to make her a video greeting, upload it to YouTube, and email it to her. I had to work all day... Mondays are always 12 hour days, and didn't get home until after 8pm. It was a bad day and was only made better by my teaching a class in the evening. I love teaching. The badness of the day was the email from NSF that said,



The PI Transfer Action 1247287 for award 1029724 was cancelled on 09/14/2012 by Regina M Al______r-P______.
 Remarks:
     THIS ACTION IS BEING CANCELLED. E-MAIL SENT RE: VARIANCE IN BALANCES. NO RESPOND FROM AWARDEE. 9/14/12-RAP


which means in layman's terms that somebody at NSF dropped the ball big time and cancelled my grant transfer because there was "no respond from awardee" which is a bunch of crap. Well, I was so upset Dan had to drive me to school where I fumed most of the day until I got to teach class. I think this will be resolved. There is no way I would have come to Auburn if my grant hadn't been able to follow me. And, I am supposed to be here... it was destined by the feeling of peace I got when deciding to come. Although not much has been peaceful since we arrived on July 1st, I hold on to that fleeting feeling of peace when my prayers to the universe were answered.

Happy Birthday Grandma. I hope your day was super special. I'm going to come see you soon.

No comments: