9-5-12


Today I worked from home until mid afternoon when Dan asked if I wanted to work on the new house. I decided to remove the wallpaper from the kitchen. The first layer was easy. Then next layer was easy too, but messy.

This is a piece of the original wallpaper. I'm going to look online and see if I can find it. I see an apple or a cherry, George Washington chopping down the cherry tree, or a cowboy with an axe, and on a different spot I saw a dogwood flower and I cut it off the wall and saved it.

Four hours later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you got that all done in 4 hours. Good Job. What did you use? If you used fabric softner and intend to paint be sure to wash the walls with a strong solution such as TSP. Our Parade of Homes was showing some wall paper again. Some really neat patterns. If you just finished removing wallpaper you probably will not be inclined to put it back up. You two are moving right along with the remolding. Looks great so far. Fun to watch your progress. Enjoy the process! Love, Mom

Chrissy said...

I used hot water with a little Suave hair conditioner added. I think it just made everything smell better! Yes, I will rinse well!