12-30-12


Today Root and Jes went on a mushroom hunting expedition while I contemplated making gumbo for dinner. They brought back a couple finds and identified them with their official mushroom identification book. They talked about leaving for Atlanta... so I schemed to make gumbo to entice them to stay. The stock smelled so housewarming. The rue was the first I'd made in the new house. It was perfect. I assembled the rue and stock, leaving Dan with stirring instructions.

Then we went on a trip to campus to see my office and move a few items into it. Afterwards we went to the grocery store to get more gumbo ingredients. They decided to stay. Squirt decided to make the trip to Atlanta tomorrow with them.

Root sliced and sauteed the mushrooms (Bluets?) which were purple. We all had a taste. Mmmm..... and are alive to tell the tale. The gumbo was perfect.


No comments: