3-2-13

One thing leads to another.
This is a story about how I felt so good today I decided to REALLY clean the bathroom toilet which was leaking a little and yucky. Well, I cleaned it so well, it started to gush water. This bolt had come loose.

It was leaking from here. All over the floor. So we went to Home Depot and bought new toilet bolts and Dan replaced them. Then he overtightened the bolt, and the gasket blew. Back to Home Depot for another set of gaskets. Then.... one thing lead to another.

In the process of putting everything back where it belonged, this connection started leaking too. Now we need to go BACK to Home Depot and buy one of these.

 Oh, but the story doesn't stop there. The sink got clogged, we think, from rinsing rags in it that were full of little rusty iron bits. So, I said, "Go get the snake" and Dan did. Before he used the snake on the sink, he said to me, "You know, this is going to cause another leak, I just know it." I knew it too. I was afraid he would burst a pipe in the wall trying to snake out some bits of rusty iron.

He busted through the pipe under the sink.

Of course, it gushed brown sludge all over the floor and we had to run get a bucket and clean up the NEW mess.

Oh, this old house.

More trips to Home Depot tomorrow.

1 comment:

Sanzida H. said...

Wow that's just crazy, who knew that would happen. So many trips to home depot... =)