10-29-13



Today Dan rode his bike to my mother's house, got a flat on the way and had to fix it, and then drove to the DMV to renew our tags. My ticket last night was ... how much do you think it was for... guess....

nearly 200 dollars.

Unbelievable.

I made pizza today from muscle memory. I made the dough with my eyes closed, basically. Kneaded it made a perfect circle, preheated the oven, sprinkled the paddle with cornmeal, placed the beautiful circle of dough on it, and decided to pre-bake it just a bit. With my muscle memory I flung it into the oven only to realize that the pizza stone we had in our oven for 20 years was absent. Dripping dough through the rack slats, cornmeal burning on the bottom, smoke filling up the kitchen, Squirt coming to my rescue, retrieving the dough, and re-making a splendid pan pizza.

What an evening.