1-16-14

This morning we left Auburn for Blacksburg. I knew that Jes was getting her whole body scan at 9am Denver time and I was anxiously awaiting a call from her with some news. I knitted away...

She called at around 10:30 and said that they only needed one scan, which was very good. I held my breath and waited some more, and later she called and said that the doctor had called her to say that her scan was clear and that her blood tests were very good. Her thyroglobulin was .5 but it didn't go up after the thryrogen injections, which is a very good sign. She is still out of the woods. We just keep watching and expecting good news in the year to come! After next year's clear scan she will be considered "cured" and able to move on with her life not always thinking about having to undergo RAI again.

This glass of beet-carrot-apple-ginger juice at Gillies in Blacksburg, VA represents the end of a long trip today.  This is probably my last grant trip to Blacksburg and we always to to Gillies at least once while there. Tonight I had quesadillas for dinner and they were delish.

No comments: