1-6-14

Our town was in a state of suspended animation until today. Everyone was waiting for the big game. I went shopping this afternoon at Kroger and got all sorts of goodies for the evening of TV watching. I made a potato/kale soup for dinner which was so amazingly good with garlic french bread. Then during the game I made cheese dip and the standard hot pepper jelly on cream cheese and crackers. A special treat was hot chocolate and marshmallows made with whole milk. Mmmmm...
Squirt had his friend whom I shall call Strawberry Jello over to watch the game, and her brother whom I shall call Hunter joined us too. My mom was also here, and the last few minutes of the game were too intense for her. She swears she will never watch another football game, since they are so ridden with anxiety. We lost the game, but it was a great season of football nevertheless.

No comments: