7-16-14


I painted this for a dear friend from C'ville who has admired my work for a long time. She is recovering from a bone marrow transplant after getting rid of leukemia. We are bringing it to her next week. Dan cut the glass and I cut the mat and framed it. I think once he starts making frames for me as a hobby, I can start getting ready for having a real art show one day. It's on my bucket list.

Today is my Nana's birthday. (Also my birth father's birthday.) Nana was born in 1908 so she would be 106 if she lived past 80... when she was very aged and in poor health. Very much unlike my mother, who at age 80 throws parties weekly and teaches cooking classes.

Today I had two meetings at the local coffee shop with students, another meeting in my office with a prospective student, and a meeting with my department chair. By afternoon I had a headache and missed the evening festivities (dinner at Mom's again) but got leftovers.


No comments: