8-21-14

I'm sorry I have neglected this blog. It's probably the beginning-of-school stuff, plus the very real fact that my life is not as interesting as it was during the trip to Nova Scotia and back. But I'm looking for events to capture to mark my life.
It's hot here. Very hot. I was out watering the herb garden this morning and I saw this poor little caterpillar on the parsley. I didn't know what kind it was, so I looked it up. Black Swallowtail Butterfly!
I will keep an eye out for the chrysalis and the emerging butterfly. 

Strawberry had a picnic to go to. Squirt did not want to go with her, and we tried to coax, convince, threaten, and bribe him to go. He got dressed, on this very hot day, in a "Banana Power" t-shirt that is two sizes too small, a wooly sweater, and a zip up hoodie. Oh, and wool striped socks to go with his flip flops. Strawberry said that she didn't care how he dressed, she just simply wanted his company. He got on her bike and pretended to get ready to attend the picnic. We did not comment on his attire and were simply glad he was willing to go. He rode around on her bike in circles before telling her he was not going. That squirt. Well, at least I got this awesome photo of him.

No comments: