8-29-14

This week was pretty slow. Compared to one year ago, man, what a difference. Last year I was assuming all kinds of new responsibilities, running two grant projects, preparing for accreditation, going up for tenure, writing grants, the whole 9 yards. This year has started off nice and easy, with one class and enough help to keep things reasonable. 
Today I went out to NHS to visit with the girls who won the essay contest, and ended up volunteering to teach a knitting class. I'm so excited! I think I'll turn it into a study to see if knitting improves spacial reasoning, an essential component of engineering design thinking.

Tonight Mom invited us over for crab salad. She had gone to M'gom'ry yesterday and went to a seafood place and got this fresh jumbo lump. It had lime and cilantro in the mix...and avocados... and ripe summer tomatoes. We actually had a really good time, just the three of us, laughing and just chatting away. 

No comments: