11-27-15

An explanation.
This blog.
I wanted to quit it this month, last month too. I wondered if it was worth it, if anyone ever looked at it, and most importantly, if I would even want to remember this part of my life anyways.

This semester has been so very difficult for a number of reasons:
Teaching overload
Depression of a terrible magnitude
Squirt moving out
Frisbee dying
Missing my daughters
Missing my sisters

The joy left me and I felt like I'd lost myself, and so I saw my doctor.


He switched my medication and I woke up with joy and a sense of self again.

So, in contemplating yesterday, on Thanksgiving day, whether to ditch this blog, I realized that I still had joy worth remembering. Whenever I feel that joy, I will try to capture a photo to remember it by.

If you read this blog, I am sorry to have left you in the lurch for a month, and I hope you will check in on me now and then. I hope I won't go silent again. But If I do, say a prayer for Chrissy. Life can feel heavy sometimes.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chrissy, don't end the blog. It helps your northern family stay connected to you and your family.

Chrissy said...

Thank you, Anonymous.

"Aza" said...

Mom, just wanted to let you know that I read your blog often. Being so far away is hard but it helps when I get to see a glimpse into your day. Stay strong. Love you.

Chrissy said...

I love you so much, Aza.