4-17-16

Today Dan and I walked around Baltimore and came across this Holocaust Memorial. It was appropriate since my grandparents met here in Baltimore, and my mother was born here, and if my grandfather's parents had not left Eastern Europe, I would not be looking at this memorial. Also, I recently found three of my grandfather's first cousins who were killed in the Holocaust. Here are their names so that if anyone Googles them, they can see their pictures here and contact me. The picture has "Libau 17 Januari 1931" written on the back. I think the woman in the picture is Abram's wife, "Sophia Stern Magidson". On the left is "David Magidson" then in the middle "Moses Magidson." They were living in Libau/Liepaja Latvia in 1941 when the Nazis invaded. Their father had several names (Russian, Latvian, Hebrew, etc) " But where was Hirsch?
Hackel Chatzkel Yechezakel (Joshua) Magidson

No comments: