6-29-16


We left Seward at 9am after a partial (very partial) climb of Mt. Marathon. The drive to Homer took about five hours with several stops along the way. One stop was Clam Gulch, not too photo worthy. This stop was in an old Russian town called Ninichuk or something like that. I had an encounter with Cow Parsnip, or Eskimo Celery which lined the path through the cemetery. It gave me an interesting stinging rash for a while.

When we arrived at our B&B in Homer I was thrown back into something I can only describe as a lost part of myself. This is the view from the back deck, from our bedroom window. Was sat on the rocking bench while I knitted and Dan looked for a restaurant. Peace. Birds. We each saw a bald eagle fly right in front of us.

Dinner at Two Sisters was pure, clear, fresh, artsy, delicate. 



No comments: