9-4-16

Today I cried when I found his bedspread in the dryer. I thought he had taken it with him and I'd be left looking for a mis-matched comforter. But he left it here-- the same one he's had since he was a teen. It's beat up with some holes and buttons missing, but it's his. This is the wrought iron bed he's slept in (not the mattress exactly) since he was 2 years old. A bed that belonged to my great great grandfather back on the island in the bay. I'm glad it still has my son's energy. 

Meanwhile he and Jes and Dan are hiking Mount of the Holy Cross. I'm not terrified. No, I'm not. Not at all. I'm sure they know exactly what they are doing. 

they are really really far away

Today I finally cleaned up my home office. 
Started knitting a new project, and blocked one I finished yesterday.
Watched a sappy movie on Netflix.
Talked to my old friend KBB back in C'ville and my cousin Nancy up in Massachusetts. Cried both times. I think it actually helped.

Tomorrow I will go for a walk,
Plan my lesson for Tuesday,
and I don't know what else.

No comments: