11-11-16

My Nana died on this day when I was 24 in 1987.
I wore a baby blue sweater today to remind me of her--- somehow that color just makes me think of her. That, and yellow. And pink. And the smell of Ponds cold cream. And soft skin. And lemon drops. 

Pink, yellow, and baby blue.

Knitting socks for the penguin kits... I think I'm done doing this. Ready to make some sweaters or such.

Mood has been good lately. I'm still down 20 pounds from a year ago, and quite happy with the results. Shocks in my face still show up, but not every day. Overall face pain is still there, but I can ignore it pretty well. Migraines still show up, but I manage to cope. Work is a combination of fun and boring and stressful, but the joy still outweighs the pain.

I may never get another grant, I may never become a full professor, I may never publish another rigorous research study. If so, I need to put my heart into what brings me the most joy, which is teaching well, designing curriculum, and helping college students reach their potentials.


No comments: