1-2-17

I got up and drank my bullet coffee and worked for six hours. Set some appointments, wrote some exams, answered emails, started reviewing a 50 page manuscript--- while it rained and rained and rained and the sound was a constant reminder of my inner sadness.

Mom and Dad came over for a while in the afternoon. They left to go have dinner with friends.

We ate leftover chicken curry stew.

We played with the cat. I wrote some letters.

I took a long bath.

Not sure how to approach this year but while in the bath I realized how impermanent everything is, how nothing ever stays the same. How we only have the moment and each moment comes with a pearl of joy- you just have to find it instead of yearning for the pearl of joy from yesterday.

This phone app, Prisma, which takes a photo and turns it into art, is phenomenal. http://www.cultofmac.com/435997/popular-prisma-app-turns-iphone-photos-into-painterly-masterpieces/


No comments: