12-29-16

Maizie is 14 now and simmering down-


Today was sad.
Jes left--- Dan took her to the airport.
But before she left, the used video player I ordered from eBay arrived and we got to watch old movies from when the kids were little and we all lived on a dirt road in the country. The used video player was not working well, but we gladly put up with pixelization because the movies were so so so sweet. 
It brought back so many feelings and memories. I took it for granted that my children would always be with me, and I had no idea what it would feel like to have them grow up and move away. 

I'd love to get to go back 25 years and spend a day with my babies and just snuggle with them all day long. Maybe I'll be able to in my dreams some night. I think that's what grandparenting must be like--- you get to experience those times again. You realize how special they are/were when they are gone. 

No comments: