5-19-17

We saw this hawk in our yard. I wondered what it was an omen for.
...
The text message came in around the same time that I saw the Facebook post.
The text said, nonchalantly, "I'm having an appendectomy in about 45 minutes. Driving myself to the hospital." The Facebook post said, "Guess who has appendicitis?" 

I freaked out.
How could I get to Denver in 45 minutes, or 3 hours even???
We had tickets for the Habitat dinner/auction and I didn't want to go- I just wanted to stay home and worry about Jes. So I prayed for God, angels, ancestors, to protect my baby and guide the hands of her surgeon. I prayed for her to be surrounded by love.

But my sweet husband urged me to get dressed and see how I felt. So, I went to the dinner all the while texting Jes to see what was going on, not paying any attention to the dinner or the auction.

After our last text, after Jes was given a sedative prior to being wheeled into the OR, a woman called me-- a co-worker of Jes, who wanted me to know she was there, that she had a 30 year old of her own, and that she was going to stay until it was all over.

I cried and cried out in the hallway outside the auction/dinner. I was so relieved and thankful to have another mother there watching over my daughter. She kept me entertained and informed for the next hour, then let me know all was well and stayed until Jes was in her hospital room for the night.

Turns out she bought mashed potatoes and sweet rolls on the way to the hospital, walked up with her Mom Face on, and they said, "Jes, your mom is here" and the co-worked just waltzed right into the pre-op space. 
A miracle happened today.
Jes texted me before she went to sleep,
"She brought me mashed potatoes!"



No comments: