6-17-17

I gave my second paper this morning and it went over really well. Everyone in the room wanted a copy of my presentation and my paper. Someone from Switzerland and someone else from Scotland said they wanted to collaborate with me and bring me to their universities. I was really happy to have the conference end on that high note.
We hit the road around noon.


This is Ruthven, the ruins of a fortification built on top of where a castle once stood. We came upon Ruthven on our way from Stirling to Ullapool because I wanted to see where my great great grandmother Janet Kennedy and her 11 siblings and parents were from. We first went to the town of Kingussie, had lunch there, and were told that the town used to be over by the ruins.

So, I read that the town moved when the waters kept flooding it. I imagine this is where the old town was. The town moved across the river to higher ground. There is an old kirk (church) in town, and I think I can access records online and get more information about the family. It was REALLY cool to see a town I'd only read about.
Then we drove to Ullapool and checked into our B&B.


No comments: